Over 5 million medical reviews each business day are done based on medical PDF/acrobat records. Telegenisys was no different but three years ago we decided to convert medical files into medical data we could use, refer to, and export from PDF files.
We created software to visualize medical data in context. Medical records have some basic attributes that make them meaningful. They present a chronological course of medical events. They are attributable to medical practitioners who create them. Medical events can be of many types and they contain a vocabulary that is meaningful in describing medical conditions.
Because medical records are used for a wide variety of use cases, the software we developed required customized presentation of facts. Current users of our medical record services are:
- Principal investigators in natural history or clinical studies
- Lawyers, legal nurse consultants, or paralegal staff reviewing medical data for personal injury
- Underwriters and claims professionals in the insurance industry
- Life settlement professionals involved in the valuation of life insurance
- Labs and genomics consulting companies providing advanced treatment options
- Nurses and Doctors involved in patient intake and update
- A variety of other use cases
In all these use cases the basic requirement is to display medical data so it can be meaningfully reviewed rapidly and with accuracy. Professionals involved in these reviews typically look at summary reports.
VMR software is a quantum leap in bridging the gap between summary reports and medical records. The software organizes medical data to link all assertions in summary reports directly to the medical record, thus making summaries audit-able and accountable.
To see how we organized medical data we welcome you to request our research report.