The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found that Medical records and health information technician made a median wage of $39,180 in 2017.
They reported that these technicians earned this wage as they:
- Review patients’ records for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of data
- Organize and maintain data for clinical databases and registries
- Track patient outcomes for quality assessment
- Use classification software to assign clinical codes for insurance reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting
- Maintain confidentiality of patients’ records
And that’s just their pay slips. It doesn’t include benefits, taxes, office expenses and administrative overhead. The true costs can easily exceed $50 per hour.
Compare this with Telegenisys agents who will do all of these things as needed for only $10 per hour, all costs included. Telegenisys has been supporting American businesses for over two decades and handling medical records for over a decade while fully complying with all regulatory requirements. Call or write us today to see how much you can save on your medical record paperwork.